Are you looking for a career that offers lots of independence with great responsibility? Are you looking to join a small, close-knit, passionate team for the 2021 Harvest season and beyond? Are you motivated to work hard making wine? Do you have a ceaseless curiosity and are humbled by what you have yet to learn? Then we’re looking for you.
**The ideal candidate will possess a positive, can-do attitude, a curiosity about wine and winemaking and the desire to always be learning something new. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a winery and most importantly, takes great pride in their work.
- Responsible for performing day-to-day cellar operations and organization
- Cleaning tanks and harvest equipment, hoses, fittings, etc.
- Operating winery and harvest equipment (pumps, sorting table, auger, crusher, press, etc)
- Maintaining a clean and organized work environment in the cellar
- Performing wine maintenance tasks including sampling, processing grapes, pump overs and punch downs, brix and temps, lab work, making additions, barrel prep and maintenance, racking barrels, topping barrels, blending, filtering etc
- Forklift work including receiving and processing fruit, moving and stacking wine barrels and cased goods (experience is a must!)
- Building and delivering case orders
- Bottling and kegging operations
- Interest and experience in winery cellar work
- Desire for independent responsibility in the cellar
- Forklift experience
- You must be detail oriented and honest
- Work great independently and in a small team environment
- Positive problem solver
- A great attitude and team spirit
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to multitask and work safely in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- This is an active position requiring the ability to climb, bend, squat and crouch in confined spaces and high places
- You must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods
- You also must be able to lift 50+lbs repeatedly
- Ability to perform work duties inside and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Due to the nature of harvest, this position may involve inconsistent hours. There will be days where we finish early and there will be days where we work overtime. We do whatever it takes to get the job done!
**Compensation is depending on experience. This position will start as a full time Harvest position, typically through mid November, but we are ultimately looking for someone who can stay on full time after harvest.
**Please submit your Resume with a Cover Letter elaborating on why you are interested in this position and why you’d be great a great fit.Apply For This Position Apply on Indeed